Off the Needles

Hallelujah! Can you hear the singing off in the distance? The Weasley is finally finished!! When I woke up yesterday I didn't think to myself, "today the Weasley will be finished." But, by some delayed holiday miracle that is exactly what happened. K is happy to finally have it complete, but not nearly as happy as her mother. The only thing more boring than straight stockinette stitch is dirt.


Okay, info:

PATTERN: Weasley by Alison
YARN: Lion Brand Wool-Ease
NEEDLES: #8 circs and straights
START: 11-13-05
COMPLETE: 1-03-06

LOVED: As usual, I love working with this yarn. It is hard to believe that its core it is mostly a cheapo acrylic. I didn't get yarn sick after 40000+ stitches and that's truly amazing. The pattern was very easy to follow. Her math was easy to follow and get the size I needed.

HATED: Well, almost every day I knit on it after the 17th of November. I really wanted to finish this by the movie, but that wasn't going to happen. There were just way too many stitches! After a marathon knitting day, my hands were so sore that I had to take a week off from knitting, so - lesson learned! Also, it's a little short. That's what happens when you rush. I may add a little length somewhere down the road. WAY down the road. Cropped is sort of "in" anyhow and it looks snuggly and cute on her.

6 Response to "Off the Needles"

  1. Unknown says:

    I love it! She looks so cute and cuddley warm in it! I am going to be starting mine some time in the near future.

    Becky says:

    That is one happy girl -- and for good reason! Beautiful sweater. I'm glad you reached the end.

    I think those Weasleys are too cool....and I haven't even read the Potter books...
    They're just English enough for me to love them :o)

    Darling!

    Carrie K says:

    Yay, the Weasley is done! It came out looking awesome - are you sure it's acrylic? Not that I'm a yarn snob or anything. I bet K loves it.

    WOW, love this sweater! I just watched the first 3 movies for the first time ever. NOW I get what all the fuss is about.

    Ginger says:

    Love the sweater, it turned out great.

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme