Yarn, glorious yarn!

Thanks to the ladies over at Knit the Classics for a wonderful surprise in the mail!!!!

I got two beautiful hanks of "shimmer" from knitpicks. The colorway is "grape hyacinth" and it is absolutely wonderful.

I am a sucker for purples.

This yarn is a lace weight 70% baby alpaca, 30% silk yarn and is very very very soft.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to make something for myself. I am looking for ideas for this yarn. Please help!! (The little green things in the front are sock shaped point protectors!! How cute are they?!)

4 Response to "Yarn, glorious yarn!"

  1. Becky says:

    Oh Whit! You won something! Yeah! Have you made socks yet? Mmmmm....grape socks.

    Congratulations!

    (I wish I had time to do Knit the Classics. Maybe later. :)

    Unknown says:

    I have some of that yarn and it is wonderful to knit with! I made a shawl! Happy Knitting!

    hi Whit! just stopping by. love the grape hyacinth. socks sound great for that! luxury socks!

    Stephanie says:

    Hey Whit - I am currently listening to your 2nd podcast & I almost spit my coke slurpee through my nose when you told the joke about the castles & ocd people. Too funny - too true of course. I think I relate a bit too much....! I'm excited to talk to you tomorrow! :)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme