Boredom is Underestimated

I grew up in a home where we learned that "the only people who are bored are boring people." I have raised my children with that philosophy.

HOWEVER, I think it is important to remember each day that QUIET does not mean BORING. My life has been so busy that I long for those quiet moments. Knitting. Reading. Playing the piano. I make time for prayers and scriptures and most days that has had to hold me lately.

If you had a quiet day, what would you spend it doing?

1 Response to "Boredom is Underestimated"

  1. Hard to say, since I'm currently home full-time, with no children. I read a lot, both print and online. I also enjoy Samurai Sudoku, needlework, and crafts. I tend to spend my quieter days bouncing from activity to activity on whim (I lately have about the attention span of the average Sunbeam). Taking a walk with my iPod is good, too, except for the way people drive here in Sacramento.

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme