Beauty (Day 2)

Today's Quote

“I testify that no one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testify that He loves each of us- insecurities, anxieties, self- image, and all. He doesn’t measure our talents or our looks;...He cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other.” -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Today's Challenge


Study what beauty is from a gospel perspective.  Start by reading “True Beauty” by Lynn G. Roberts and 1Samuel 16:7 and 1 Corinthians 3:16.


WHY:    God is our Heavenly Father, and He knows us better than anyone--He created us! He knows most intimately how beautiful we are, and He will tell us if we seek Him. A relationship with Heavenly Father is essential if we are to truly understand beauty and our worth.

JOURNAL: From your study, how do you think Heavenly Father defines beauty? Why might this be hard to internalize and believe?

__________________________________________

Wow. I just made a discovery that blows me away a little. I know that I am insecure about my weight  - but I started thinking of all of the overweight women who I find beautiful and there are actually many... and as I tried to apply the same lens to myself all I could see are my scars. I have acne scars on my face that I guess bother me more than I had realized. In fact, I applied to The Biggest Loser awhile back and I think part of me believes that I wasn't chosen because the persons viewing the video might think that even if I lost weight I wouldn't be attractive and they might be looking for those who would better fit that bill... yikes! Could one of my hang-ups be a fear of losing weight and still being unattractive? Why should this matter to me? Do I want to lose weight to look good or to feel good? Hmmm...

I am usually a happy person. Negativity isn't something I typically struggle with. This year I've had my moments, but overall I have stayed happy. I believe that "a grateful heart is a happy heart" and when I start to feel unhappy I simply count my MANY blessings.

I feel that in my prayers today I should ask Heavenly Father to help me see my physical self more as he sees me. This makes me uncomfortable because I have a lot of guilt about not taking better care of my body.

I believe that Heavenly Father defines true beauty as inner beauty. I really do believe that. BUT, I also believe that he expects me to be a good steward. I need to pray and study more about this. Obviously.

2 Response to "Beauty (Day 2)"

  1. Laree says:

    I love you Whit! These posts make me happy. Personally, I find you one of the most beautiful women I know - inside and out. I don't think I've ever noticed your scars!

    Whit says:

    Thank you, Friend. I didn't know anybody was reading. You're very kind. :)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme