Globe Theater Burns Down


No, not THE Globe Theater... But in my case, just as sad. I grew up in Globe, Arizona. Last weekend - coincidentally the weekend of my TWENTY year class reunion (or do I have an arsonist in my class?) - the theater of my childhood burned down.

I have memories of seeing Bambi there as a small child - long before VCRs much less DVDs. I saw Star Wars and Poltergeist and Top Gun and on and on... Little kid memories and family memories and friendship memories and date memories...

8 Response to "Globe Theater Burns Down"

  1. that is very sad. i thought there was a fire there about eight years ago, but they had fixed it up afterwards.

    Whit says:

    Yes, there was a balcony. The theatre in Logan (called "The Utah") reminds me a lot of the old theater in Globe - complete with balcony. Katie always wants to sit there! :)

    Whit says:

    I know there was a fire in the library several years ago - didn't know about the theater.

    Sad. I hate to see any buildings burn down (or forests or anything else for that matter, but-). Don't think I ever even saw the theater, but still sad.

    Anonymous says:

    Mela E-mailed me last week and told me about this. It is sad. Lots of fun memories threre.

    i remember the couple times i was on the honor roll in elementary school they took us in and watched a movie, don't remember which movie though. remember watching most of the movies of my childhood at that theater.

    yeah, can you believe i actually got to go with the honor roll once or twice?!

    Whit says:

    Yes, Mom & the library burned several years ago - I think most of the original "Globe" is gone now. Sad.

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme