It's Made of ???

Yesterday was the 36th anniversary of the men landing on the moon. Coincidentally, James "Scotty" Doohan passed away. Any Star Trek fans out there? Scotty's ashes will be sent into space.

Yes, I AM one of those people old enough to remember the moon landing. True, I was only 2 1/2 - but my Dad was very excited about the whole thing - and I seem to recall that my Grandpa Griff was excited about it as well. I have vague memories of a little tiny b&w television and a lot of fuzz, but a lot of excitement. Mom, Dad, correct me if I'm having false memories.

It is very sad to me that we have not spent more time on the moon. When I was a child I had hoped that someday I would get to visit. Some people believe that privatization is the way to go. Some people say we should stick to earth. How do you feel?

One thing is for sure - we could have some surprises in store for us. Go to Google's moon site and zoom in as far as possible - maybe you'll see a close-up of what the moon is really made of.

8 Response to "It's Made of ???"

  1. Sharon says:

    I'm old enough to remember the landing, too. I was at summer camp up in the Sierras in California an they called us all out to an assembly around the camp flagpole to tell us about it. As I recall we were more interested in waht we were going to be doing that day, i.e., horseback riding, crafts, etc..lol.

    I'm a Star Trek fan, I think the Next Generation was my favorite of all the series. I'm more of a Picard fan than Kirk. When I was in Chicago last year for a work convention our meetings overlapped a Trekkie convention at the hotel by one day. It was a strange crowd! I got a glimpse of William Shatner as he was doing an interview. I think Spock and Data were my favorite characters. If you have a chance check out "Trekkies" I & II, they are documentaries about Star Trek fans and they are hilarious.

    Whit says:

    I'm more of a Trekker than a Trekkie myself. My Dad was really into the original Star Trek - I really enjoyed TNG.

    Have you ever seen Galaxy Quest. I think it's a great play on Star Trek. My kids LOVE that movie. Actually, we all love that movie.

    I love Captain Picard.

    Whit says:

    Congrats to Meadow!!!!!

    I LOVE Galaxy Quest! My friends and I are making a really stupid space movie. Hey, has anyone seen Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
    Good movie (better book). No idea what Star Treck is, I think I might have seen about four secconds of it, but that's about it.

    Whit says:

    Today I am up and cleaning house - which is a sure indicator that I am feeling better. Hopefully in the next day or two I'll be back to my old self. :O)

    And, hey, I'm a "knit whit" lol.

    Oh, and I was right, it IS made of cheese!

    Whit says:

    I would like to play, but it might be tonight before I can find the time if that's okay. Let me know a time past about 7 or so my time. :O)

    I hope I have a sec. to blog - I want to post the pic of the poncho.

    Whit says:

    K. I'll be there. :)

    Evenings are fine. I'm just trying to get caught up with errands and housework after being sick.

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme