Happy Independence Day

Happy Independence Day! I went to a scout breakfast this morning (after being up late last night) and am a little tired. The flag ceremony was at 7:00. Very fun, though and I got a little teared up watching the scouts and saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

My replacement cook and assistant. Isn't that a festive canopy? Yes, I fried ham. Then I came home without eating breakfast and John made me pancakes - what a guy!


Here are the cute scouts getting ready for the flag ceremony. I love the 4th of July.

John and I became engaged on the 4th of July, 1988. It is nice of the whole country
celebrate every year.

If I have some time later I will post some thoughts I have about freedom.

3 Response to "Happy Independence Day"

  1. The Scout Breakfast was boring. I woke up at six after going to sleep at one and Navar had to do scout duties and couldn't 'Play' with me (I hate saying play, it sounds so little kidish, but that's what we do, or we talk, and talk, and talk, and talk and talk) but the breakfast was good!

    Whit says:

    You didn't wake up at six. Nice try, though.

    Fine, 6:45, I was up as soon as U left.

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme