Old Fashioned Ice Cream

Mmmmm.... Dad is here visiting from Texas (job interview) and so I made homemade ice cream. I downloaded several recipes for the Fourth and this one was sure tasty!!

Recipe:

OLD FASHIONED FRENCH VANILLA ICE CREAM

8 eggs
3 c. sugar
2 qt. half & half
2 tbsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
2 to 4 tbsp. flour

Beat eggs and sugar, add remaining ingredients except 1 quart half & half. Heat to boiling, then add last quart of half & half. Makes 4 quarts. Use 4 or 6 quart ice cream churn.

My churn is only 2 quarts so I got to make it twice!! I made ice cream and this is what the rest of the gang did...


Gaggle of geeks.

5 Response to "Old Fashioned Ice Cream"

  1. Whit says:

    DELICIOUS!! Wish you were, too!

    We are not a GAGGLE, that makes us sound like geese. Okay, so mabye we are geeks, but not a gaggle.The ice cream was really good, and today my friends and I made it without the spinny thing (see my blog).

    Why is it that Grandma and I are the only ones who post on your site?

    Whit says:

    Hey, my Aunt Glenda posted on this message! BTW, I know your blog is more exciting than mine but you don't need to rub it in. I created your blog and I can destroy it. ;-)

    Dork! I was JUST WONDERING! I like having conversations with peoples, I wasnt saying anything about mine being better then yours (though, now that you mention it...)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme