War of the Worlds

Well, well, well.... just got back from War of the Worlds. Can't say I loved it. Here's the problem as I see it... We've got all these great special effects now. Pretty much anything we can imagine we can put up on the screen - and so they do. They forget that some of us still like a really well told story with characters who deliver memorable lines* and an ENDING.

The effects were amazing and I don't think there could have been a better cast. I got so into it I was on the edge of my seat (literally) and I haven't felt like that in a long time. Final word - if you just want a good popcorn movie and don't mind gushing red and orange stuff and love special effects - this one's for you!

*I'm struggling for a single line that I recall and I only just left the theater - and YES I took my hormones today... I think...

1 Response to "War of the Worlds"

  1. I have no comment on this one, I didn't see the movie (and I don't really want to).

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme