Homemade Cleaning Wipes


WOW! I just love OrganizedHome.com - they have some of the best ideas. I love those little wipes to clean mirrors, etc. except for two things - 1) They are usually quite flimsy and 2) They are always more expensive than I am willing to spend for cleaning supplies.

HOWEVER, I made my own! Thanks to the people at OrganizedHome.com, I made a disinfectant cleaner and a window cleaner. I plan to do a multipurpose cleaner, but I'll use my recipe for appliance cleaner.

These work REALLY well. I used Viva papertowels (the really thick ones - which I get when they are on sale in the big packages, because YES I am a bargain shopper). It took forever to cut through the roll, but it was well worth it. I use them all the time. I cleaned my bathroom yesterday and I used them for all the surfaces - and since it's a tiny bathroom, I even used the disinfectant wipes on the floor (I bought citrus scented Lysol and it smells really good).

5 Response to "Homemade Cleaning Wipes"

  1. Anonymous says:

    Oh, and I poked the hole in the top with a knitting needle instead of the drill they recommend.

    Anonymous says:

    ...I keep thinking I'll try some of your homemades, but I keep buying the ones in the store in the containers with the stuff on them -

    Whit says:

    I used baby wipes TONS back when I always had them.

    Here is a recipe for baby wipes made the same way as the other wipes, but with this solution:

    2 cups water
    1/2 cup of baby oil
    1/2 cup baby magic baby bath

    :O)

    Whit says:

    Another one:

    1/8-1/4 c. baby shampoo
    1/8-1/4 c. baby oil
    2 cups lukewarm water

    Mmm, they smell good!

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme