Projects....

Well, I know you are all sick of looking at my sweater. I am ready for grafting, so everybody cross your fingers for me.

Had a great couple of days being spoiled by my Mom. She came and stayed and cooked and did dishes and filled my car up with gold, I mean gas.

I have TONS to do today - so just a sec to put my Sep knit/crochet goals (in order):


  1. October projects for class
  2. Poncho for Ashlee
  3. Hats for Jayden & Joshua
  4. Bears for Samuel & Owen
  5. Felted bag for Corina
  6. Poncho for Savannah
  7. Purse for Amelia
  8. Start "We Wash You a Merry Christmas" cloths

The picture today is an amazing felted bag pattern in the newest issue of Interweave Knits. It's the "weekend getaway satchel" and it's like a Mary Poppins bag or something. I WANT IT FOR ME!!!! Guess I'd better get moving, since my knit/crochet goals are not the highest goals on my list at the moment!!!

18 Response to "Projects...."

  1. Whit says:

    NOTE TO SELF - Substitute the yarn for the MP bag with "Wool of the Andes" available through Knitpicks and 1.79/ball.....

    Anonymous says:

    I LOVE that bag, too! Soooo pretty and yes, it does remind me of Mary Poppins - which always makes me feel good!

    You're making a felt bag for my mom?

    Sharon says:

    Whit, that felted bag in the pic is GORGEOUS! Of course, I'm a purse addict as Cyndy will attest too, so I'm in love, so cute! All your knitting has inspired me to pick up my needles this past week, I was home sick with a cold so I made a hat for my friend's toddler and a ruffly scarf, kind of a relative of your potato chip scarves. If I get motivated later this evening I'll try to remember to take a pic of it and put it on my blog.

    I have been coveting the mary poppins bag for months now!!! And I agree.... WOA yarn for $1.79/ball!!
    That bag must be mine!!! :)

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    (This is Cori)- so I'm thinking I would only owe you about a few hundred more to get that bag probably- huh?

    Whit says:

    Tammy - we should do a "knit along" on the bag.

    Cori - HELLO!!!! I bought the yarn for your bag last night - I'll post a picture here later today when I have time. I'll make you the other bag for the cost of the yarn (which I figure will be about $60) if you really want it (I know that "I" really want it!!).

    Ginny - YES, your mother gets a bag!!

    Sharon - definitely post pictures!!

    Whit- I am loving that bag, might have to get the mag with the pattern. Very fun- and I think WOTA is defenitly the way to go. great prices and good color... can't wait to see more!

    Sharon says:

    Whit, I can't tell from looking at the small picture, is the design on that bag embroidered over the bag or knit into it?

    Whit says:

    Sharon, oddly enough, the base of the flowers (the flower main color) is knitted in, then the details are embroidered - BEFORE the felting process. Very cool. It is a complicated pattern, but I am very serious about starting a knit-along for it. I really really love this bag. :O)

    Candi - your note about the boots made me laugh. I actually looked on ebay for red boots! I think I may actually change the colors, though because I HATE knitting with black... haven't decided yet, though.

    Whit says:

    I love the black, too - but knitting Mom's LITTLE (by comparison) bag almost killed my eyes. It's weird, but you can't "see" the stitches so your eyes keep trying to focus and headaches ensue.

    Photographing it was hard, too - the camera couldn't focus. It's a weird thing.

    Anonymous says:

    ah, but the finished product is so beautiful!

    Sharon says:

    I got some cross stitch magazines in England that had patterns based on cathedral stained glass windows. They are stitched on black fabric instead of the typical white or cream linen, and that makes the "glass" just pop and look like real windows. But I know some stitchers had problems seeing the threads on the black cloth so they solved the problem by using white fabric and filling in EVERY non-"glass" thread on the entire piece of fabric with black cross stitches. I don't think I have that much patience.

    Whit says:

    It's funny. I really had no idea until doing that bag how truly awful working with black is.

    But, it's still my favorite color to wear and accessorize with......

    I don't have any patience for cross stitch. A good friend of mine is doing a dragon pattern for me right now called "The Storyteller" and I'm VERY excited to get it!!!!

    Hate the pattern on the bag but LOVE the bag, you should SO make it for you!

    Anonymous says:

    I want it! I deserve it! Can we all knit one for ourselves togther? I can see it now...a practically perfect knitting experience...at one with the weekend getaway satchel knitters of the world. I can just see it covered in felted flowers...or just the straps in flowers, or some of the intarsia flowers 3D? I'm sneaking out of work to run to B& N for my copy.

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme