Seeing Green


Well, are you sick of green blogs yet? Amazingly, I am not sick of this yarn. I must really like it - because usually I HATE the yarn by the time I finish a big project. The bottom of the sweater is on the left, the top is on the right. After 5-6 more inches I'll be grafting them together - cross your fingers for me.

I got quite a bit done last night while watching "So You Think You Can Dance" - my new favorite reality show. :O)

Right now I have two separate sections and two stitch holders on the top half. I have been doing a lace pattern, incrementing and doing back and forth knitting on two sections on one circ needle. This pattern is the most complicated I've ever done - and I just found out that I need it complete by next Thursday (Wed night would be better)...

I feel like the engine that could - "I think I can, I think I can..." What's the children's book that has most influenced you as an adult?

6 Response to "Seeing Green"

  1. Anonymous says:

    ...the sweater is gorgeous! I just can't comprehend the process, but the product -amazing!

    My favorite books were the Betsy Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace - although, I don't think I read the entire series - the library in Hayden, Arizona in the 50's and 60's was quite limited!

    I could never share them with my daughters because I didn't remember the author - but the internet helped me to find them for my granddaughters - even some grandsons enjoy them!

    love those green leaves!!
    and speaking of leaves, and trees, and things...

    the book that made the biggest impression on me was "The giving tree" by shel silverstein! I get goose bumps just thinking about it!
    and of course, Judy Blume's "are you there god, it's me margret" hehehehe joking!

    Whit says:

    It's funny that you would say that, Tammy - I actually thought of that one (probably the leaves)... dd came upstairs one night when she was about five - crying. She had just read that book and she came in to tell me how the giving tree reminded her of her grandma. Deep kid. She gets that from me - hahahaha.

    I also loved the Little Princess and Secret Garden - I guess I'll have to read Ks copy of the Betsy Tacy series... I actually just LOVE juvenile fiction. The Little Prince, A Wrinkle in Time, even Jonathan Livingston Seagull I guess counts as juvenile and I love that book.

    Why do you have to finish it by Thursday?

    I love fall clothes (sweaters, scarves etc.) but they're rather impratical here. It never gets cold enough to use them!

    My favorite book is Ella Enchanted. I love that book to death!

    Whit says:

    I LOVE Ella Enchanted - and I, too, was very sad about the movie.

    Ginny, Katie has school pics on Thursday and every year since K I have had my children wear sweaters for their school pics (since it's always chilly here by then)... Some day when they are graduated from HS I will have a big frame with little ovals around and all their sweater pics.

    Do I know how to torture my children or WHAT?!

    When I went to go see Ella Enchanted the movie I knew I was going to have to look at it as a seperate story then the book or else I would hate it. I think it's a cute movie but I do like the story-line in the book better. (I also liked Char better in the book.)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme