Seeing Green


Well, are you sick of green blogs yet? Amazingly, I am not sick of this yarn. I must really like it - because usually I HATE the yarn by the time I finish a big project. The bottom of the sweater is on the left, the top is on the right. After 5-6 more inches I'll be grafting them together - cross your fingers for me.

I got quite a bit done last night while watching "So You Think You Can Dance" - my new favorite reality show. :O)

Right now I have two separate sections and two stitch holders on the top half. I have been doing a lace pattern, incrementing and doing back and forth knitting on two sections on one circ needle. This pattern is the most complicated I've ever done - and I just found out that I need it complete by next Thursday (Wed night would be better)...

I feel like the engine that could - "I think I can, I think I can..." What's the children's book that has most influenced you as an adult?

11 Response to "Seeing Green"

  1. AuntCandi says:

    I loved "A Little Princess" and "The Secret Garden" immensely. I think I must've liked the suspension of disbelief. They totally promoted my love of reading.

    I also love Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Animals. I'm not a great artist, but am not intimidated drawing & I think it's due to that book.

    AuntCandi says:

    P.S. The sweater's looking beautiful.

    gam says:

    ...the sweater is gorgeous! I just can't comprehend the process, but the product -amazing!

    My favorite books were the Betsy Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace - although, I don't think I read the entire series - the library in Hayden, Arizona in the 50's and 60's was quite limited!

    I could never share them with my daughters because I didn't remember the author - but the internet helped me to find them for my granddaughters - even some grandsons enjoy them!

    tammy says:

    love those green leaves!!
    and speaking of leaves, and trees, and things...

    the book that made the biggest impression on me was "The giving tree" by shel silverstein! I get goose bumps just thinking about it!
    and of course, Judy Blume's "are you there god, it's me margret" hehehehe joking!

    Whit says:

    It's funny that you would say that, Tammy - I actually thought of that one (probably the leaves)... dd came upstairs one night when she was about five - crying. She had just read that book and she came in to tell me how the giving tree reminded her of her grandma. Deep kid. She gets that from me - hahahaha.

    I also loved the Little Princess and Secret Garden - I guess I'll have to read Ks copy of the Betsy Tacy series... I actually just LOVE juvenile fiction. The Little Prince, A Wrinkle in Time, even Jonathan Livingston Seagull I guess counts as juvenile and I love that book.

    Why do you have to finish it by Thursday?

    I love fall clothes (sweaters, scarves etc.) but they're rather impratical here. It never gets cold enough to use them!

    My favorite book is Ella Enchanted. I love that book to death!

    AuntCandi says:

    I can totally relate to your love of sweaters and not being able to wear them, Ginny. I hated that about Arizona. (But I miss the monsoons!)

    Remembering Judy Blume reminded me that I found my twin when I was little reading the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary. I think I read them so frequently because I could relate to Ramona so well - hyper, intense, happy. I think they helped me feel like there was another little girl out there who messed everything up and liked to LIVE, lol :).

    AuntCandi says:

    I LOVE Ella Enchanted as well. Shame the movie wasn't remotely close to the book.

    AuntCandi says:

    Sam went through a "Giving Tree" phase this past year. I miss it now since he's stuck on Curious George again :p.

    Whit says:

    I LOVE Ella Enchanted - and I, too, was very sad about the movie.

    Ginny, Katie has school pics on Thursday and every year since K I have had my children wear sweaters for their school pics (since it's always chilly here by then)... Some day when they are graduated from HS I will have a big frame with little ovals around and all their sweater pics.

    Do I know how to torture my children or WHAT?!

    When I went to go see Ella Enchanted the movie I knew I was going to have to look at it as a seperate story then the book or else I would hate it. I think it's a cute movie but I do like the story-line in the book better. (I also liked Char better in the book.)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme