Knives, Polar Express & Knitty

Well, I guess I'll start with the knives. J went from kidney stones straight into the flu. He said he had a weird dream that he was smuggling knives - by swallowing them. When he would reach his destination a man with a giant magnet would pull the knives out of his stomach. He thought, "well, that works - but I'm going to have a lot of holes in my stomach." Such is the way the mind of my beloved works.

Saturday we went to Polar Express 3-D at the Imax. I BELIEVE!!! It was a beautiful masterpiece. If you haven't had the opportunity to see this yet, run to your nearest Imax 3-D screen and see it today!!! Please take every child you know (who won't freak out over realistic 3-D) and watch them as they reach out to touch the snowflakes falling in the theatre. I've always loved the book, but I avoided seeing the movie until I could see it in 3-D. I'm glad I did. I imagine it was a little boring without the 3-D effects. But, WITH THEM? Well, magnificent. It reminded me again to enjoy the journey.

And then Saturday night, the knives paid a visit to moi.

But today... the new Knitty is out! Wow! I just love that ezine. Stefanie Japel has a new design available in this issue. Some of my other favorites are all of the cute critters (there's a beautiful cat by Jess Hutchison and some adorable "monsters" that double as hand-warmers!), Bobblicious - Wow! and I've simply got to make the beaded victorian gauntlets that are "Mrs. Beeton." I also really want the Nasmaste ("the divine in me salutes the divine in you") for my pilates mat and the elegant "Best Friend." Thanks, Knitty - for another great issue!

3 Response to "Knives, Polar Express & Knitty"

  1. Sharon says:

    The knitty kitty is cute, but my favorite is the real stocking cap! I guess it appeals to my offbeat sense of humor. Got a pretty orangey scarf down during downtime in jury duty, a mix of stripes in some dollar yarn from Target and some ridiculously expensive leftover yarn, strange how well it works together. Haven't knitted anything else lately, but sniped a gorgeous hot pink sweater on ebay, can't wait to wear it :)

    Whit says:

    K, I have to admit the stocking cap made me laugh.

    Becky says:

    I really enjoyed this Knitty issue. I wish it came out every month.

    Have you seen the Fortune Cat pattern? It's on my list of things to make. It's a big sock cat.
    http://castadrift.blogspot.com/2005/10/fortune-cat-pattern.html

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme